Today we publish our annual ranking of North American mold makers. Let’s take a look behind the numbers:
122 firms are ranked with $2.05 billion in sales, we continue to grow this list and would like to include more. If your firm is missing, please download a survey form or contact Hollee Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The average sales per company is $16.8 million that’s up 4.4 percent over last year.
About 60 percent of our firms reported flat sales, of those that did report growth: the average was 12 percent with half being above 8 percent and half below.
Looking at the average sales per company in our other processor rankings, this year’s front runners for growth are pipe, profile and tubing extrusion at 8.97 percent and 6.57 percent for injection molding. Last year PPT also sat at the front with 5.86 percent growth along with 4.61 percent for rotational molding. It will be interesting to watch this trend next year.
Welcome to the ranking
These firms are listed for the first time:
• Avantech Inc. of Brainerd, Minn.
• Concept Molds Inc. of Schoolcraft, Mich.
• D&S Mold & Tool Co. Inc. of Marinette, Wis.
• Flex of San Jose, Calif.
• Paradise Mold & Die LLC of Cleveland.
• Precise Mold & Plate of Columbus, Ind.
• Rapid Mold Solutions Inc. of Erie, Pa.
• Source One of Murrieta, Calif.
• Tooling Technology LLC of Fort Loramie, Ohio
• Wirth Tool & Die Inc. of Lannon, Wis.
Here are the top movers
These firms have moved up the most positions in the ranking:
• Helm Tool Co. Inc. of Elk Grove Village, Ill. moved up 34 spaces to rank at No. 75.
• X-Cell Tool & Mold Inc. of Erie, Pa. moved up 16 spaces to rank at No. 55.
• Laval International of Tecumseh, Ontario moved up 10 spaces to rank at No. 53.
• Extreme Tool & Engineering Inc. of Wakefield, Mich. moved up 7 spaces to rank at No. 45.
• Accu-Mold LLC of Portage, Mich. moved up 7 spaces to rank at No. 74.
These firms have been ranked the longest (2001-2015)
• Active Burgess Mould & Design of Windsor, Ontario.
• Build-A-Mold Ltd. of Windsor, Ontario.
• Delta Tooling Co. of Auburn Hills, Mich.
• H.S. Die & Engineering Inc. of Grand Rapids, Mich.
• Hi-Tech Mold & Engineering Inc. of Rochester Hills, Mich.
• Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd. of Bolton, Ontario.
• MGS Mfg. Group Inc. of Germantown, Wis.
• Reddog Industries Inc. of Erie, Pa.
• Reko International Group Inc. of Lakeshore, Ontario.
• StackTeck Systems Ltd. of Brampton, Ontario.
• Triangle Tool Corp. of Milwaukee, Wis.
• Wentworth Technologies Co. Ltd. of Stoney Creek, Ontario.
Thanks to Plastics News editorial research coordinator Hollee Keller for this look behind the rankings data.