Netstal, which is part of the KraussMaffei Group, will roll out the Smart Operation control option for its aXos injection moulding press controller at Fakuma 2018, on an Elios 4500 press moulding parts at the show.
Netstal’s Smart Operation consists of four buttons as well as a pre-configurable dashboard to illustrate relevant process information, interaction notifications and application-specific instructions. These Smart Buttons trigger transitions in status during production.
With the push of just three buttons, the press can be turned on, prepared for moulding and begin production. The press can also be turned off just as quickly.
All conventional operating elements can be locked to ensure the operation is as simple and safe as possible, according to Netstal. The machine is operated exclusively via the Smart Buttons.
Members of the production team can be trained more quickly and used in more flexible ways. The number of written process descriptions, checklists and work instructions at the press can be significantly reduced, the company said.
The features and benefits of Netstal’s Smart Operation system include the following:
- Innovative operating concept in the production environment: Guided and safe machine operation with Smart Buttons and Dashboard
- High degree of customisation: aXos offers maximum flexibility for programming process sequences
- Applicable expert knowledge for all employees: Embedding of handling specifications in the machine (e.g. GMP)
- Optionally available for all Netstal machines of the ELIOS and ELION series
- Retrofitting of existing Netstal machines with aXos control possible
This new optional available feature will support companies in achieving its effectiveness goals. Guided, fast and safe operation reduces downtimes and reliably prevents operating errors.
Fakuma is an international trade fair for industrial plastics processing. This year, it will play host to more than 1900 exhibitors and industry players from around the globe and will be held at the Friedrichshafen Exhibition Centre in southern Germany from October 16-19.
Plastic & Chemical Trading together with international partner KraussMaffei Berstorff deliver world-class plastics, injection moulding, and extrusion solutions.